Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Al Hamdulillah, a Vacation!

Marhaban people! A very joyous Vanessa is sitting down to tell you ma'salama. Just for the weekend. We are about to embark on a three-day excursion to Aqaba, Wadi Rum and Petra!! All of which are in the south of Jordan and at least six hours from where we live in Irbid. Technology will not be accompanying me on this trip for several reasons, one of which being that I desire the absolute state of peacefulness. Thus, I wanted to let my lovely friends and family who read this blog know that lack of contact does not indicate death! All is most likely more than well as there will be an infinity pool, free breakfast and hiking. And that's just the tip of the happy iceberg. Needless to say, we are all over the moon to have this break from our intensely diligent studies. 

Just to keep you in the loop, the past couple of days have majorly consisted of classes, learning, homework etc. as well as some serious Aquaba dreaming. Countdowns have been the major themes of our minds' work this week. Everything is going wonderfully, in terms of our trip here. However, I must at least allude to the terrible things happening in Syria. Absolutely praying for them. Recently, the fighting there has been worse than even the usual. From our apartments, we have been able to hear the explosions of dropped bombs coming from the other side of the border and it has certainly instilled in us a true understanding of the levels of suffering in the world. The other night, we all went to the roof in response to hearing more than normal and we witnessed copious amounts of smoke filling the sky, emanating from the north. I don't have many words for this experience other than exceptional and total sadness. Through and in every fiber of my being. I do not want to write much else on the subject or on the living it simply because I don't think it is my place. There is no way for me to properly convey the desire to help. Yet, we have never been more helpless. Keep Syria and the world as a whole in your thoughts. As always, shukran for reading and have a beautiful weekend.

I will surely have books' worth to blog upon our return Saturday, inshallah! :) As'salamu Alakum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment